Monday, August 8, 2011

"Actress In A Leading Role" 1974

So, it's been one, crazy, long, and BEYOND completely satisfying experience, and I'm sad to see it go - my mind will forever be with the ladies, arguably the best actresses in film history, each playing variations on different female characterizations. So, without getting too sentimental, here's the final group of women...well, at least until next year :)


1974
And the Academy selected:
  • Ellen Burstyn in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
  • Diahann Carroll in Claudine
  • Faye Dunaway in Chinatown
  • Valerie Perrine in Lenny
  • Gena Rowlands in A Woman Under The Influence
So, for the last time, will I agree with the Academy or name another actress the best of 1974?

5 comments:

dinasztie said...

It's a great last year. For me it's between Gena and Ellen (with Gena as my pick) but the others (especially Carroll) are excellent, too.

Fritz said...

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! I can't believe you've made it! There has to be a big celebration when this year is finished! :-)

hey deanie said...

Ah!!!! The final stretch! So excited! :-)

I love all these women.

Louis Morgan said...

Wow almost the end, certainly an interesting year and it is hard to say who will win but probably either Burstyn or Rowlands.

joe burns said...

Ellen!