Thursday, May 19, 2011

Life Is Complete.

"To Sage - May I continue to inspire. Glenda Jackson"

So, London was fantastic - besides having the time of my life, I also completed my mission: I met GLENDA JACKSON. The public was not allowed to take pictures with her, but she did autograph the picture above for me, as well as talking to me for about 2 minutes. I thought I handled it well, all things considered; I told her she was my favorite actress and went on and on about how fantastic of an actress she was and an ever better politician (frankly, I have no idea what she stands for, but I wanted to let her know I love her all around). She told me she loved that her film roles are she still being remembered and discussed. I asked her was her opinion on the Oscars still the same and she replied yes, she never thought highly of them and felt bad that she actually received two. I quickly hugged her and she whisked away into her office. So, take this off of my list to things to do in my life.

11 comments:

Louis Morgan said...

Congratulations Sage, quite interesting to say the least.

Sage Slowdive said...

I should start stalking more celebrities...

joe burns said...

WOW, Congrats! How you'd find her?

Dazzling Aura said...

Mission Accomplished, Sage. Congratulations!

I'm so happy that you got the privilege. Once again, congratulations.

dinasztie said...

London is brilliant, my favorite city in the world. For a while, I was considering having myself buried at Trafalgar Square, it's the most beautiful place. Plus, you can meet so many stars. I met Whoopi, you met Glenda and my German teacher met Dustin Hoffman.

How did you manage to see Glenda?

Fritz said...

Wow, I am stunned! And jealous! :-)

Congratulations on meeting your favorite actress!

And what else did you do in London? I was there for a few days almost 11 years ago (God, time flies...). I really liked it and I have special memories because it was an important trip that influenced my personal life forever.

Did you just see London or other parts of England?

DistinguishedFlyer said...

Congratulations indeed!

Cal said...

Aw man, that's great!

I forget that Glenda is a politician in this country. She's fairly left-wing - as you'd expect. I don't think that she need feel bad when she at least deserved one of them (I haven't seen "A Touch of Class").

Sage Slowdive said...

She was incredibly easy to find - she has meetings with the public in the area she represents and I just sneaked in as a person who was interested in her politics, but quickly turned the tables on her, but she seemed incredibly flattered that I was so interested in her. And that's good she's left wing ;)

London was fantastic. I guess I did everything one could do there, I would love to live there and stalk Glenda every week :D

Brandon said...

Is "Sage" your real name?

Sage Slowdive said...

That any of your business?