5. Reese Witherspoon in Walk The Line
4. Keira Knightly in Pride and Prejudice
- Judi Dench doesn't take Mrs. Henderson seriously, but she also fails to add any clairty or reason behind her character's actions, which turn the performance into something uninteresting and boring.
2. Charlize Theron in North Country
1. Felicity Huffman in Transamerica
- Felicity Huffman gives a performance that is perfect in many ways. First of all, there is no gimmicks, whatsoever attached to her performance. Yes, here is a woman playing a man becoming a woman, but she adds many layers, facets, and complexities to her character with sadness and even humor. A brilliant performance.
Honorable Omissions: Lauren Lee Smith in "Lie With Me", Gretchen Mol in "The Notorious Bettie Page" and Zhang Ziyi in "Memoirs Of A Geisha"