5. Carole Lombard in My Man Godfrey
4. Norma Shearer in Romeo and Juliet
3. Luise Rainer in The Great Ziegfeld
- A performance that grows with repeat viewings, with Rainer being good during most of her performance. There are lots of obvious acting here at hand, but her last scene really makes up for it.
2. Gladys George in Valiant Is The Word For Carrie
- More obvious acting, but Gladys George still gives a good performance that relies on how much she can pull at the audience's sentiment. A nice performance in a muddled film.
1. Irene Dunne in Theodora Goes Wild
- Irene Dunne was quite the comedian, and her talents shine bright here. Her tight lipped, but secret wild girl is handled very well by her, not to mention highly entertaining.
Honorable Omissions: Katharine Hepburn in "Mary Of Scotland"