5. Judy Holliday in Born Yesterday
- Judy Holliday tries really hard with her material, and has some good moments, but overall it's rather disappointing. She invests alot of charm in Billie, but not alot of life.
4. Anne Baxter in All About Eve
- Anne Baxter does a great job conveying the manipulative Eve's plans and dreams, and ends up giving a great performance that contrasts well with the film.
3. Eleanor Parker in Caged
- Eleanor Parker gives a real tour-de-force performance as naive, innocent woman who is hardened by her time in a corrupt prison, she perfectly plays up the woman's naivety and the woman's eventual hardness.2. Bette Davis in All About Eve
- Bette Davis gives her best performance, as an aging diva, and Davis adds so much energy and emotion to her performance, the results being a fantastic performance.
- Gloria Swanson is simply magnificent as a forgotten silent screen star who living in a dreamworld, while never going completely over the top, Swanson perfectly plays her tragic star with stunning results.
Honorable Omissions: None.