Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Hurt Locker and The Blind Side

The Hurt Locker:

This is already being touted as the dark horse for Best Picture, and I was really excited to see this. Well, when it was over, I was disappointed. I really don't know what it was (I'll watch it again soon), but it seemed like it was pointless. Like what was this movie trying to say, the Iraq War is bad and shouldn't be fought? I don't need a 2 hour movie to prove it to me, I know it's wrong. And Jeremy Renner, and espically Anthony Mackie, give the only performances in the film that weren't shakey. So, I would be really disappointed if this (or Up In The Air) wins Best Picture.

The Blind Side:

I try to be openminded when I'm watching a movie...but sometimes, it doesn't work. First of all, the movie is a MESS. It feels like the worst Lifetime movie you've ever seen. The story is unbelievable, and amazingly, this is based on a true story. Now, here's the answer to the question most of been asking, should Sandra Bullock be nominated? NO! Her performance was so unatural, annoying, and when she is saying her big speechs, she looks like she is reading cue cards. Why in the hell is she getting buzz? So, I urge you readers not to go see this, unless Bullock does get nominated, then watch at your own risk.

22 comments:

joe burns said...

I'll probably see both of these films soon.

joe burns said...

Off-topic, but do you think that Julianne Moore will still get nominated? That SAG snub really makes me to worry.

Sage Slowdive said...

Oh yeah, she'll get nominated. I don't think the woman from Inglorious Bastards will be able to get nominated.

joe burns said...

Me neither,but I have a feeling Marion could pull off a Kate Winslet and get nominated in supporting instead of lead which she is campaigning in. What do you think?

Sage Slowdive said...

Nope. See the Kate Winslet thing was they probably wanted to give her an Oscar as Best Actress, even though she was supporting. So, I'd say since Marion already has an Oscar they will pass her up, and probably go for Penelope in Supporting.

joe burns said...

Penelope has been getting more awards attention then Cotillard has. Do you think Jeff Bridges will win Best Actor?

Sage Slowdive said...

I haven't seen it yet, but yeah I'd like to see him finally winning. He does look very good in Crazy Heart.

joe burns said...

And I disagree about Kate Winslet. If they did think her role in The Reader was supporting, they could have nominated her in the supporting category and also nominated her and give her the Oscar for Revolutionary Road in the leading category.

Sage Slowdive said...

Well, she was obviously going to win for something last year, and what I meant was she would the biggest loser in history if she lost again, and the Academy probably didn't want to do that to her.

joe burns said...

If she had won in supporting,would she have gotten a higher ranking?

Sage Slowdive said...

Probably not.

joe burns said...

I don't think that Lovely Bones has a chance anymore. Do you?

Sage Slowdive said...

It might, since there is 10 nominees this year...but I doubt it'll win.

joe burns said...

Yeah, it's gotten horrible reviews. I hope Precious wins. What's your pick for Best Picture as of now?

Sage Slowdive said...

I hope Precious wins...but I doubt it will.

joe burns said...

Off-topic,but can you upload Joan Allen in Nixon,Terri Gar in Tootsie, and Lauren Bacall in The Mirror Has Two Faces on your youtube account?

Sage Slowdive said...

Nixon is blocked, I've already tried Terri Garr and Youtube rejected it (funny thing is they let me upload Jessica Lange's so idk), and I've also already uploaded Lauren Bacall and it was removed. Youtube is terrible.

joe burns said...

Wow, what is it with Youtube? But I saw that you uploaded Diane Keaton's performance in Annie Hall. Why did you upload her since she won Best Actress? Love that performance though.

Sage Slowdive said...

I was thinking about uploading the short Best Actress winners, that clock in at 40 minutes or shorter.

joe burns said...

How about Patricia Neal, Frances Mcdormand, and Louise Fletcher?

Sage Slowdive said...

Yes...but I'm not really being rushing about it...so it'll all happen when I feel like it :)

Tom said...

Did you try uploading it and using code numbers/letters instead of the full title? I watched about 3 movies recently with crazy titles like 3272ke2s.

Also, I know now I don't want to see either of those movies. "blind Side" turned me off in the previews. I don't I could take Sandra's phony accent for an extended period.