Thursday, November 19, 2009

Julie and Julia

So, I just finally saw Julie and Julia, and here's a short review:

I thought the film was average at best and a little uninteresting. I'm being kinda harsh, but I kept looking around most of the time.

Who stole the show? Stanley Tucci. Very subtle work. Amy Adams is doing her Amy Adams thing again and it's still good...wonder how long it'll last?

But, I saw this movie for really one reason, Meryl. Most people are touting her for her 3rd Oscar win, well, sorry Meryl. If she wins she'll be near the end of my ranking, because I never Julia Child, I saw Meryl acting like Julia Child. And I hate to say it, but I never bought it.

So, if she wins, it'll be a clear makeup award, but then again that's what they do now.

3 comments:

Andrew: Encore Entertainment said...

THANK YOU! That's exactly what I thought. I know we disagree on quite a few topics, but it just felt like it was 'look at me, look at me' acting. And she was obviously acting. And how can it be a makeup award. She has TWO OSCARS.

dinasztie said...

I really disagree. Meryl was so brilliant, she made me smile every time I saw her. And the letter scene was so breathtaking. I loved her performance and at the moment I think that she should and will win.

Sage Slowdive said...

@Andrew: Hahaha, there was a moment in the movie in the beginning where I said "I hope she tries a little harder". Wow, it is still urkeing me that she such a lousy job....

@dinasztie: I highly doubt she will win this year, or like I said, it'll be a career award.